[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Regarding gold foil
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Regarding gold foil
- From: Brown <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 19:49:36 +0100
- Message-Id: <199904151756.KAA21938@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Dear list members,
I have recently aquired some new real goldfoil from Schmedt here in
Germany. Although it works really well and looks quite nice, it is not
responding to well with regards to clean up.
The gold foil I am used to is what I had in the states which cleaned up
really fine with a pearl eraser and my finger. This new foil only comes
"clean" after a lot of work with the eraser. I have also noticed that it
starts to scratch the surface before the gold itself clear.
Has anyone had similiar problems? What do you use to remove excess foil
in such stubborn circumstances? Or just plain any old ideas you have to
help. I've only just begun using this foil since my supply from the U.S.
In your debt for being so helpful...
and kind regards,