[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ARTIST'S BOOK WORKSHOP
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: ARTIST'S BOOK WORKSHOP
- From: Lilias <dherlihy@TIAC.NET>
- Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 10:57:18 -0500
- Message-Id: <199904211425.HAA33584@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
UNIQUE, MULTIFACETED ACCORDION BOOKS OF PASTE PAPERS, COLLAGE AND CALLIGRAPHY
Master calligrapher JAN OWEN will teach an
intensive 4-day bookarts class: "THE EMBELLISHED PAGE", July 12 - 15 at the
Saltwinds Yankee Barn in historic Kingston, Massachusetts . You will be
introduced to "the sensuous art...." of letting "color light up words"
(newspaper descriptions of Jan's artwork). A special article and sumptuous
color photos of her bookart may be seen in the Sept./Oct. '98 issue of
Somerset Studio magazine.
During the workshop you will create large, exotic accordion book
structures with embellished paper surfaces of color pastes, metallics,
unique collage papers, & found materials with calligraphy, pop-ups and
sewn-in designs supporting text. Experienced calligraphers will be
challenged, and beginners nurtured and encouraged.
Tuition includes continental breakfast and lunch. There are some rooms
available on site.
Please email your snail mail address for a workshop brochure, or send your
request snail mail to: Saltwinds Yankee Barn Workshop,Box 52, Kingston,MA