[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Ribbon Gizmo

Well, it's a ribbon, and its a bookmark, and it's attached to the book. So
what about

        Attached ribbon bookmark

and, if one wants to be fancy, a description:

        Attached ribbon bookmark (blue grograin silk, 3/8" width, 11" long)

and, bien entendu, a condition report:

        Attached ribbon bookmark (blue grograin silk, 3/8" wide, 11" long; several


At 07:18 PM 5/18/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>Uh, well, uh, duh, uh, I just call it a bookmark for lack of any brilliant
>ideas about what else it could be called.  How about a contest to see who
>can come up with the most amazing name?
>At 07:08 PM 5/18/99 EDT, you wrote:
>>I received a question that I cannot answer.  A friend wants to know if there
>>a specific name for that ribbon gizmo that sometimes is sewn into the
>>binding to act as a bookmark? I've looked in a variety of sources &
>>not found anything. Any ideas?
>>Thanks, Ed

Terry Belanger  :  University Professor  :   University of Virginia
Book Arts Press : 114 Alderman Library : Charlottesville, VA  22903
Tel: 804/924-8851   FAX: 804/924-8824  email: belanger@virginia.edu
              URL: http://www.virginia.edu/oldbooks/

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]