[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Ribbon Gizmo

As I remember Edith Diehl in her book on bookbinding refers to the
ribbon bookmark as a "signet."  I have seen it referred to as "a
permanent place register"!!

Ed Hutchins wrote:
> I received a question that I cannot answer.  A friend wants to know if there
> is
> a specific name for that ribbon gizmo that sometimes is sewn into the
> binding to act as a bookmark? I've looked in a variety of sources &
> not found anything. Any ideas?
> Thanks, Ed

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]