[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Ribbon gismo

The AAT (Art and Architecture Thesaurus, a fantastic information resource
designed for just such questions) defines registers as, "Ribbons attached to
books, used for for marking a place by insertion between the leaves.
Distinguished from 'bookmarks,' which are unattached."

You can search the AAT at http://shiva.pub.getty.edu/aat_browser/index.html.

Carole Mathey

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]