[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Heaven on Earth: An Exhibition of the Lone Star Chapter, the Guild of Book Workers.
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Heaven on Earth: An Exhibition of the Lone Star Chapter, the Guild of Book Workers.
- From: "Peter D. Verheyen" <pdverhey@DREAMSCAPE.COM>
- Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 10:29:52 -0400
- Message-Id: <199905221427.HAA17946@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
From: "David J. Lawrence" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Good Saturday Morning all!
The Lone Star Chapter of the Guild of Book Workers second members'
exhibition is coming up. The show, "Heaven on Earth," will have three venues:
1. Fort Worth, TX; Botanical Research Institute of Texas; 17 July - 27 August
2. Houston, TX; Museum of Printing History; 11 September - 11 October
3. Austin, TX; Perry-Castaņeda Library at UT; 22 October - 19 December
The exhibition will also be viewable on the Chapter's website at
Thirty members of the Lone Star Chapter have each submitted a binding on
the text, "Heaven on Earth: Explorations into the Wilderness set forth by
John Muir," a collection of essays exploring the majestic wildernesses of
North America. It is letterpress printed by LSC president Randolph Bertin
of Press Intermezzo and illustrated with wood engravings by Charles D.
Jones of Stephen F. Austin State University.
A special quarter-leather, boxed edition of 26 lettered copies of the text
has been produced, the sale of which will help defray the cost of printing
a catalogue for the exhibition. For more information or to order your copy
of this edition contact:
Hands on Bookbinding
P. O. Box 578
Smithville, Texas 78957
As details for the July opening are finalized I will post additional
information. Look forward to seeing as many of you as can come to the Fort
Worth opening. --Dave.
David J. Lawrence Dallas, Texas