[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Self-published best-sellers?
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Self-published best-sellers?
- From: bertha kay rogers <bkrogers@CATSKILL.NET>
- Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 08:25:05 -500
- In-Reply-To: <199905251406.KAA29169@charliebrown.catskill.net>
- Message-Id: <199905261238.FAA18378@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I saw the Getty/Womsley exhibit at the Morgan Library recently.
The Blake work was astounding, and what was most astounding
was the size -- I've almost always seen the "Tiger" reproduced in a
larger than life size -- and there it was, so small, so powerful, the
colors looking as though he had completed the book yesterday. I
find myself wishing that the people who have reproduced that
image had shown it in its original size, so we could "be there" with
I felt the Dylan Thomas work was a bit too precious for words and I
wished there had been more contemporary manuscripts included,
but. . .
This was about self-publishing.