[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: What scanner would you recommend?
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: What scanner would you recommend?
- From: "LABA,Inc." <livres@ANET.NET>
- Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 16:35:28 -0700
- Message-Id: <199906062337.QAA24844@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
The Best scanner I've ever used is the one I just purchased- Linotype-Hell
Saphire with an Transparency unit.
From: Douglas Nicholas <feinj@PIPELINE.COM>
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Date: Sunday, June 06, 1999 2:59 PM
Subject: What scanner would you recommend?
>Hi. I am an artist who works primarily in collage, monotype and
>one-of-a-kind artists' books. I am just about a total novice on the
>computer, but have just purchased a Dell Pentium III and an Epson Stylus
>740 inkjet printer. I want to be able to make multiples of my work and be
>able to manipulate the images. I need to purchase a scanner and would love
>some suggestions as to what would be appropriate for me to purchase
>(keeping the price under $200, if possible).
>Also, since I work most often with handmade papers, I would appreciate any
>advice about using these with the printer.
>Thanking you in advance,