[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: What scanner would you recommend?
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: What scanner would you recommend?
- From: Jeff Jones <Amygdala@AOL.COM>
- Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 11:30:59 EDT
- Message-Id: <199906071535.IAA25240@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I also recommend the UMAX 1220S Scanner. It's a great value, and the
software is top notch, something that gets overlooked a little too often. If
you were on a budget, you can get the 1220P (Parallel model) for around $90,
and it also comes in a USB version (1220U), but I'd stick with the SCSI model
if you have an empty ISA slot or already have a SCSI card as SCSI is a lot
faster than parallel. -Jeff