[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Seeking Istotype/Dutch Information
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Seeking Istotype/Dutch Information
- From: Tom Trusky <TTRUSKY@BOISESTATE.EDU>
- Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 23:14:33 -0600
- Message-Id: <199907290516.WAA23022@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
An extract from a book (or booklet?) contains a statement regarding the =
"International Foundation for Visual Education, a non-profit organization =
with headquarters in The Hague, Holland. The staff of the foundation," =
this extract from an unknown book printed in English asserts, "consists of =
sociologists,teachers, designers and artists..." who promote the use of =
Isotype. "The aim of Isotype" we are told, "is to express ideas simply, =
clearly and directly in a manner that all the people of the world and of =
all classes will understand."
I am seeking information regarding the Visual Education Foundation, =
Isotype (a system which apparently makes use of visual symbols) and, in =
particular, the mysterious book from which I have quoted.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Tom Trusky, Coordinator
Idaho Center for the Book
Boise State University
Boise, ID 83725