[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
nature printing workshop
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: nature printing workshop
- From: sonja larsen <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 17:27:09 +0000
- Message-Id: <199908082228.PAA20798@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Organization: nature printing society
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Since there was some interest re a workshop last June, I am inviting
you to a second workshop in Minnesota, devoted to nature printing. It
will run from September 13-17. It is a 5-day intensive with different
techniques/media each day: printing on paper (including watercolor
techniques, botanical printing, masking, monotype applications) ...
printing on fabric ... printing on silk, using resist and backgrounding
prints ... making an oriental seal ... various commercial applications
Nature printing is very accessable and blends well with calligraphy,
monotypes and watercolor techniques. It's as old as cave paintings and
was just discovered by Martha Stewart 8-)
The location is a resort about 160 miles north of Minneapolis, and
about 30 minutes north of the Brainerd airport (closest fly-in).
Transportation from the airport, all food (three big squares a day plus
coffee breaks -- you'll gain weight!), lodging in cabins by a large
fishing lake, workshop, gratuities and taxes are included in fees of
$35 for materials (inks and papers supplied each day, including silk
and frames). It's a creative retreat as well as learning experience.
more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 218 963-4669.