[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

post bindings

Maybe I got this question wrong, but I want to distinguish between post
binders and loose leaf/ring binders.  If you have things in sheet protectors
there is just the narrow edge with the holes in it which is free to
move--otherwise your document or photo in the sheet protector is bent when
turning the page.  So I think you want a ring binder for these.

On the other hand, a post binding benefits from a large binding stub.  When
I encapsulate something that will be post bound there could be 3 inches (or
more, depending on the thickness of the book block) that is the swing area
for turning the leaf. And this allows the encapsulated item to stay
relatively flat as someone uses the book, instead of it being at the curve
near the spine.

Cathy Atwood
Missouri Local Records Program

-----Original Message-----
From: David Klappholz [mailto:davidk6@IDT.NET]
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 1999 11:15 AM
Subject: Re: screw posts

Phew;  I read the subject line and thought I'd be in for pornographic spam.

In a similar vein:  I would like to bind collections of material already in
mylar sheet protectors in post binders.  Can anyone refer me to a source
for such binders in appropriate sizes to hold:

-sheet protectors for 8-1/2 by 11 documents

-sheet protectors for 8-1/2 by7 14 documents


PS Can anyone recommend sources for 8-1/2 by 14 (side-hole punched) mylar
sheet protectors?

            BOOK_ARTS-L: The listserv for all the book arts.
      For subscription information, the Archive, and other related
            resources and links go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ at:

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]