Re: Response to Re: Learn this

In a message dated 10/1/99 1:31:14 AM Central Daylight Time,
mjlinford@WORLDNET.ATT.NET writes:

<< I bring integrity and high standards to the profession and am always sad
 when someone puts us all down without really knowing very many of us.

Thanks for speaking out, Mary Jane. I too am an art educator who includes a
book art component in my middle school classroom. I work hard at introducing
the art of the past as well as contemporary artists and "trends" to my
students. I want them to know that there are artists who are living and
interpreting the 20th century and today's culture, just as there have been
artists in every culture doing the same. I also include aesthetics and art
criticism in the curriculum I teach...we are continually asking questions
about what art is and why things are viewed as art as well as trying to
improve our own work by viewing it critically.
Marcia