Boston area book lovers

If you live within commuting distance of Harvard University, please don't
forget to attend the reception for "Thinking Editions," a show of artist
books currently on display in the Pusey Library, on Tuesday, October 5, from
5 to 7 p.m.

First off, it is a chance to see 60 unusual books, including scrolls, pop-up,
carousel, cast, shaped, tunnel, single-sheet, unfolding, concertina,
gocco-printed, rubber-stamped, silk screened, cast papier-mache, and even a
couple of codex books.  But there's more.  This reception is also an
opportunity to meet and network with other people interested in the book
arts.  Maybe you have been to a book reception where everyone wanders around
in silence.  Not this one.  You can expect friendly greetings, lively
conversation and ideas being exchanged.  Think of it as a FIESTA.

Everyone who attends will get a nifty folding flexagon booklist that rotates
in on itself and eventually returns to the first page.  There will also be a
catalog for sale.  It is printed in two colors on Mohawk Tomahawk, Vellum and
Super Fine papers with a section of codex pages, followed by a series of
flexagon pages and ending with a pocket with three post cards in it.

The Pusey Library is located in Harvard Yard near the corner of Massachusetts
Avenue and Quincy Street.  Harvard Square is accessible by subway on the Red
Line.  You can get detailed directions and more information on the reception
and exhibit publications by calling (617) 495-2444.

I'll be at the reception and I hope you will come up and introduce yourself.
In the book arts we have sadly few opportunities to get to know each other.
Let's make the most of this one.

Ed