Re: washi abrasion/marbling paper

Dear Joyce
    In regard to your query about the marbling rubbing off of the Japanese
paper you have.  It would be helpful to know what fiber is in the paper as
well as if the marbling is ink or acrylic pigment.  Handmade paper from kozo,
gampi or mitsumata often "feathers" up bits of fiber from frequent handling.
If the marbling is ink I believe you may lose some of the pattern in
frequently touched areas.  If you have a small sample I will be glad to see
if I can come up with some specific advice.  Contact me off list at
PAPRMKR@AOL.COM
Kathy