Re: washi abrasion/marbling paper

I think the original question was about a stenciled Japanese paper, rather
than plain washi.  The high quality stenciled sheets (which are the item in
question) have a strong base sheet.  And if the pattern is such that most of
the surface has pigment from the stenciling, it resists abrasion on its own
fairly well.

I have used these papers as book covers, but not on anything that has been
handled a lot.  So I don't know how well they will hold up over time--but
the prognosis seems good.

Could you do a test patch with the wax you normally use, and another with a
coating of methyl cellulose?

Cathy Atwood
Jefferson City, MO