silverfish

I was horrified yesterday to find that some of the paste paper covers
of my small books have been greatly enjoyed by silverfish. Is there
anything I can do to treat the finished paste paper to deter these
little pests or alternatively is there something I can add to the
paste in the first place.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
cecilia
montrose, victoria, australia