Brass type

Betreff:
        Brass fonts
 Datum:
        Mon, 11 Oct 1999 22:08:19 +0000
    Von:
        "C. Brown" <03643518060-0001@t-online.de>
     An:
        "BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>

Hello Folks,

I've posted some brass fonts that I've got for sale at the following URL:

http://www.unternehmen.com/Buchbinder/brass.html

Now just to make it clear these fonts are not type-high. They are 7mm
in heigth.  I have found them to be quite useful though
(I use a kwikprint from the U.S.). These fonts are normally
glued to the to a piece of cardboard in the typographic style
desired and then mounted to the heated plate of a "prägepress".

As the kwikprint is not made to function without type-high type I took
mounts used normally for hotstamping clichés and glued this brass type
to that instead using a mix of pva and wheat past (planatol rh-8 to be
exact). It works fine and that's why I've kept the price low.

By the way there were (are?) type-holder sold here in Europe for this
type size.

Have a look...

All the best.

Chris