Re: washi abrasion/marbling paper

I have used stenciled washi and screen printed washi with varying results.

The stability of some of the dyes used on the stenciled versions does not
always stand up to PVA or even wheat paste.  Deep reds, purples, indigo, or
even burgundy can bleed through, which leads me to believe it would
deteriorate over time.

The kind you mention from Fascinating Folds is a more traditional screen
printed version with blues and golds...The paper is incredibly strong, as
well as the stability of the design itself.  The only area that may abrade is
that of the most vibrant (read deeper application) gold.

Good luck with your project, and test one out if you are unsure.  There is
always the next craft fair.

Julie
foureleven bookworks
Chicago