Flax Paper

Good morning the list!

I have some questions regarding flax paper:

1. How long should one be retting flax fiber? In water
or in something else? Does anybody still add milk to
the retting vats as they did in medieval Europe?

2. Can I make flax paper without a Hollander?

3. If yes to #2, where could I get flax fiber?

Thanks,
Suhag

=====