Re: a rookie question

Pat,
can you use something besides the *black paper traditionally used in
old-fashioned photo books*?  This paper is very acid and reacts unfavorably
with the photos and any paper, clippings and such, which one might
put in the album.

I have used 70# paper for albums, but have gotten away from black and use a
cream colored paper which I find very pleasant and can be obtained in
ph neutral which will not react with the contents of the album.

For spacers I use strips of the album paper inserted in the spine area
of the stab binding.

Best wishes on your project

Jane Brown
brownjm@musc.edu