Re: a rookie question: BLACK PAPER

>You can use the same black paper as the stubbing/spacer material.  Either
>fold over an extra 3/4-1" of the paper or cut the paper into strips to
>place between the pages.  Check out the book "The Thames and Hudson Manual
>of Bookbinding"  by Arthur W. Johnson for the section on "Loose-leaf and
>gurard books" for practical instructions.

Another book that I've found very helpful is Richard Horton's "Historical
Photo Albums and Their Structures". 28 pages, very clear drawings of the
structures. For $10, I thought it was a really good investment.

He has a series of three books, all available through him directly.

The email listed in the back of the book is hortonedge@aol.com

Best wishes,
Roberta
paper@oregontrail.net