From banana plant to banana fiber (for papermaking)

hello friends!

I have made paper from banana fiber and from abaca
fiber which is very similar. I have banana plants in
my backyard but have no idea how to go from the plant
to the fiber. I believe one somehow processes the stem
but none of my books tell me how to do it. Any recipes
or formulae? Have any of the papermakers on this list
made banana (or abaca) paper from scratch rather than
from processed fiber or pulp sheets?

Thanks,
Suhag

=====