Re: Agent Commissions

Barbara Harman wrote:

> The last time I had anything to do with this (about five years ago) the
> commission was no more than 15%. I would be very interested to hear if you
> have found someone (or several someones) to represent your book art and under
> what terms. Barbara Harman

Well, now I'm not working with an agent, although I do work with a few
galleries.  There is a list if like at:

http://www.enteract.com/~the/gallery.htm

Generally, I work 50/50 with them.  The agent question came up through an akward
situation.

Basically, I gave a piece to a friend.  He likes my work very much and brought
this gift with him while visiting a curator of a artist book collection.  The
curator really liked the piece, so he sold it.   I have yet to talk to my friend
about it, but I hear that he's a little worried about how I might react.  Since
I'm one of these closet types who would prefer to just make the stuff and let
someone else rep it,  I might suggest that he rep work for me.  I heard that he's
also worried that he might not be able to get another piece like the one he
sold.  I didn't want to talk to him until I had some idea of what the going agent
rate was.