Re: Steaming Paper Mulberry Bark

The "steamer" used at the U of Alabama for preparing kozo fiber was actually
an old steel drum which we placed over an open fire. Water in the bottom and
kozo branches gathered from the wild set upright and then covered to steam.
Glenn House set up the system just after Richard and Haruko Flavin came from
Japan to conduct workshops in 1986. As far as I know, this continues to be
the method used there. It works well- simple, inexpensive and effective.

Paula Marie Gourley