[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: edge gillding machines

Harcourt Bindery sells them and I think ther're around $500. Essentially
they're a silicone rubber coated, heated roller. You prepare your edge
(sanding...) so that it's as smooth as can be lay on the gold/colored foil
you want, and then go over it with the heated roller. I used one once years
ago. The edge is shinier than it would be if you used gold leaf, but it's
oh, so easy. The preparation is crucial though. There is a link to Harcourt
from the Individual/Bindery section of the Book Arts Links page. The URL is
in my sig/message footer/header.


At 11:34 PM 2/19/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear List Members;
>I have just become aware of the existence of a edge gilding machine(s)
>being available for small binderies.  Does anyone have experience with
>this.  Do you know ho a supplier might be.  Any information is

Philobiblon: Book Arts, Different By Design
Hand binding, conservation, and project websites for historical agencies
Peter D. Verheyen
Home of the Book Arts Web, Book_Arts-L & John Vassos Bibliography

            BOOK_ARTS-L: The listserv for all the book arts.
      For subscription information, the Archive, and other related
            resources and links go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ at:

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]