[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Nipping Press vs Standing Press nomenclature

A recent message to the list is offering two book presses for sale, each
with a daylight of six inches.  In the message, they have been described as
standing presses.

We would have considered that such presses, with this relatively small
daylight, would be called nipping press.

"Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books" does give a couple of good
descriptions.  However, in order to clarify this matter, would the group
like to suggest, from their own expertise, the differences between the
nipping and standing book presses?

Peter Krantz
Book Restorations,

            BOOK_ARTS-L: The listserv for all the book arts.
      For subscription information, the Archive, and other related
            resources and links go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ at:

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]