[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

what is "sugar paper" ?

I am a bookbinding novice and inexperienced in the ways of the
bookbinding world. I have an instructional book by Rob Shepherd
"Hand-Made Books, an intro. to bb." It is published in England, where
he has a bookbinding business.  He calls for the use of  "sugar
paper", or similar "thickish" paper for filling-in the insides of
covers (so there is not a bump where the endpapers overlap the cover
edge wrap.  I like this preparation method, it looks nicer to me to
take this care with details.  Alas, I haven't a clue what this sugar
paper might be and if  I can get it domestically. Or, what would be a
suitable & comparable substitute?
Also, is there a source for small amounts of mull and headbands?
Is "YES" glue o.k. to use for covers and endpapers?

Many thanks to all, I am learning a lot from this book arts list
Bozo says... "you get the plane you deserve"
Phone 503 551 7030

            BOOK_ARTS-L: The listserv for all the book arts.
      For subscription information, the Archive, and other related
            resources and links go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ at:

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]