[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Can you identify this item?

I bought some old binding equipment a few months ago. Among the items is an=20
unusual thing. It looks like is sets on a table. It is about 2' high and 2'=20
long and about 3 inches thick. I guess you could say it has the general shap=
of an attach=E9 case. Inside the main "box" are heating elements and along t=
top is solid metal with a rounded top all across the top. When you plug it=20
in, the rounded metal top gets hot. if I had to guess, it looks like=20
something that might have been used to help mold a heavy round spine on a=20
book cover like you might see on a county records book, the one with the wid=
raised bands. Any guesses? It looks like it has been around for a long time.=
The cord and type of plug indicates it is old.
Thanks. JT

            BOOK_ARTS-L: The listserv for all the book arts.
      For subscription information, the Archive, and other related
            resources and links go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ at:

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]