Re: Foreedges

Don Drake replied:

>I thought you'd get many responses, so I've just been lurking. Well...

I replied privately, but since the list hasn't been overwhelmed
with responses, I'll repost  it:

--------

The "plough" is the traditional method of smoothing edges.
Jost Amman depicts a binder using one in his "Book of Trades"
(1568?)

Mine is homemade:

http://www.imprimatur.com/handcrafts/info_tools.html

(Click on the small image to enlarge it.) There are books with
instructions on how to make them, if you (or someone you know)
have reasonable woodworking skills.

Bill Whitley