Renewing ink?

When my husband's son was born (six years ago), he pressed the baby's
footprints onto the shirt he was wearing at the tie, using whatever ink
hospitals use to take baby footprints. The shirt has been kept in a box of
mementos ever since, with no particular storage precautions.

He pulled the shirt out today to find that the prints have faded almost
completely away. I know it's a long shot, but I've seen some pretty unique
things on this list: Does anyone know of a substance that might renew the
prints?

Thanks very much,

Rikki Mitman