Re: microcrystalline wax

Gaylord has the paste in the catalog and should have it in stock.
1-800-448-6160. On reading further I notice that that is not the one you
meant. You could use regular parafin, available at supermarkets...

p.

At 10:35 AM 4/13/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>We're having a hard time getting a supply of microcrystalline wax for an
>upcoming book repair workshop; Bookmarkers is back-ordered. (We use it to
>wax thread, instead of beeswax which is acidic.) We were referred to a
>ceramic supply house, which has other grades of clear petroleum-based wax,
>one of which is fairly hard and has a very high melting point.
>
>Does anyone know whether that would be a reasonable substitute?

Hand binding, conservation, and project websites for historical agencies
Peter D. Verheyen
<mailto:verheyen@philobiblon.com>
<http://www.philobiblon.com>
Home of the Book Arts Web, Book_Arts-L & John Vassos Bibliography