Re: Glues Info

>>Thank you for the comments on glues, especially the
>>use.  I have been making multi-sig books on tapes, and
>>wanted the book to be able to open flat.  The only
>>problem was that the glue (my wheat paste, which I may
>>have been slathering on too thick) would crack between
>>the signatures, giving a glance into the spine.

>>I have not been rounding the spine.

A great middle road that doesn't require rounding of the spine but still
looks good, is structurally sound and lays open nice and flat at any page is
Gary Frost's sewn board binding. Gary may be on the list and can advise - if
not you could probably contact U of Iowa (peter has a link at his site under
"book arts centers and education") and see when and where he might be
teaching this binding over the summer.

Best wishes,
Roberta
paper@oregontrail.net