Corner Rounder Question

I have a "Southworth" corner rounder that I have had for a long time and just
started to use.
I have everything adjusted to cut the corners on books. The corners are
almost perfect after I cut them but I noticed that the cut is not completely
uniform. One side is always cut a little deeper. So when you examine the book
there is a slight taper across the cut. Should I flip over the book and cut
it again in reverse? Any suggestions on how to make sure the cuts are square?
Thanks. JT