[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: cartridge paper

>Does anybody know what cartridge paper is? I know it used to be used for =
>loading bullets into old-time guns, but i see reference to it as a paper =
>used by artists. (Most recently I saw it in a book by Marie Angel). I =
>figure it is a British product.

It's nothing mysterious. I don't know the definition, but cartridge paper
is very standard and ordinary. It comes in various weights and colours -
I use 100gm vellum cartridge for printing my catalogues. It is flat
surfaced and without any watermark - I think this may be the definition.
Bonded, laid or textured papers wouldn't count. As far as I know, any
photocopier paper could be described as cartridge. In other words - bog

Tim Sheppard                    tim@lilliput-p.win-uk.net
Lilliput Press   -   Publisher of fine books in miniature
England                         http://www.lilliput.co.uk
                      The Storytelling FAQ is hosted here

            BOOK_ARTS-L: The listserv for all the book arts.
      For subscription information, the Archive, and other related
            resources and links go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ at:

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]