Re: David Cole

For those of you visual artists who have known the name "David Cole" for at
least the past 25 years, this is to inform you that he passed away
yesterday after a valiant fight against lung disease.  More details
tonight, but I just wanted you to know that there will be a major
retrospective of his work opening on 22 May and more details later as well.
 We are all diminished by his passing, for as the old African saying goes,
when a soul such as David's passes on, it is as if a whole library had
died.  And so it is.  May his soul rest in peace, which he so richly deserves.

Judith
Judith A. Hoffberg                         tel.:       (310)399-1146
Umbrella/Umbrella Editions          fax:       (310)399-5070
P.O. Box 3640
Santa Monica CA 90408
umbrella@ix.netcom.com
http://colophon.com/journal