Scholarship ?

------=_NextPart_000_0061_01BFAB71.6176E820

Over the course of the next year, I will be developing and then starting =
a non-profit organization to support literacy in my area. =20

In my efforts, I hope to create a scholarship fund for those student/s =
going into the literary arts.  I have written the Oprah staff, and =
Microsoft, and contacted my local college to find out if they have any =
funding available.  Anyone know of others I should contact or that might =
have funding available?

I have always truly believed that the best leaders come from the ground =
up, they have a 360 understanding of the in's and outs of the business.  =
And this is where I am basing my idea!!
=20
Here is the basic plan, and please tell me if you have any ideas on =
perhaps streamlining it:

The scholarship is available for those going into a literary art.  =
(Would anyone consider photographers and illustrators for this also, or =
perhaps I should set something separate for those?) Do any colleges or =
schools teach book arts out there??? =20

Applicants will be screened by a panel of board members.  Once the =
determination of recipients is completed, those that did not receive the =
scholarship may re-apply the following year as long as they are still =
going into a literary study. =20

Applicants chosen would receive the scholarship and an internship with =
my company.  This/these recipients would create a book/magazine/etc, =
learn layout, design, marketing strategies, the whole 9 yards. =20

I would also like to take these folks to some expo's and training =
conferences (like PMA's). =20

I do not know the funding status as of yet, but I would like to place it =
somewhere between $2,000-$5,000 per recipient. =20

This is such a fun business, its so much hard work, but yet its so =
rewarding.  I want these students to really get the whole feeling for =
what its like.  They may wind up with 2000 books in their garage, but I =
think the fact that they're sitting in their garage is still a feeling =
of accomplishment, and perhaps they can learn that its not a bad book, =
perhaps its just marketed badly! =20

Maybe I'm a nut, I dunno, but I really want to see this happen.  Any =
suggestions, complaints, or just a nice pat on the back are all welcome!

Thank you!

Maggie
Venus Publishing

------=_NextPart_000_0061_01BFAB71.6176E820

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Over the course of the next year, I =
will be=20
developing and then starting a non-profit organization to support =
literacy in my=20
area.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>In my efforts, I hope to create a =
scholarship fund=20
for those student/s going into the literary arts.&nbsp; I have written =
the Oprah=20
staff, and Microsoft, and contacted my local college to find out if they =
have=20
any funding available.&nbsp; Anyone know of others I should contact or =
that=20
might have funding available?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have always truly believed that the =
best leaders=20
come from the ground up, they have a 360 understanding of the in's and =
outs of=20
the business.&nbsp; And this is where I am basing my idea!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Here is the basic plan, and please tell =
me if you=20
have any ideas on perhaps streamlining it:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The scholarship is available for those =
going into a=20
literary art.&nbsp; (Would anyone consider photographers and =
illustrators for=20
this also, or perhaps I should set something separate for those?) Do any =

colleges or schools teach book arts out there???&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Applicants will be screened by a panel =
of board=20
members.&nbsp; Once the determination of recipients is completed, those =
that did=20
not receive the scholarship may re-apply the following year as long as =
they are=20
still going into a literary study.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Applicants chosen would receive the =
scholarship and=20
an internship with my company.&nbsp; This/these recipients would create =
a=20
book/magazine/etc, learn layout, design, marketing strategies, the whole =
9=20
yards.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I would also like to take these folks =
to some=20
expo's and training conferences (like PMA's).&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I do not know the funding status as of =
yet, but I=20
would like to place it somewhere between $2,000-$5,000 per =
recipient.&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This is such a fun business, its so =
much hard work,=20
but yet its so rewarding.&nbsp; I want these students to really get the =
whole=20
feeling for what its like.&nbsp; They may wind up with 2000 books in =
their=20
garage, but I think the fact that they're sitting in their garage is=20
still&nbsp;a feeling of accomplishment, and perhaps they can learn that =
its not=20
a bad book, perhaps its just marketed badly!&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Maybe I'm a nut, I dunno, but I really =
want to see=20
this happen.&nbsp; Any suggestions, complaints, or just a nice pat on =
the back=20
are all welcome!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thank you!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Maggie</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Venus=20
Publishing</FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0061_01BFAB71.6176E820--