"Guess Who Died?" really again!

Hi Everyone:

I'd like to thank all of you who purchase the first printing of my book.
I sold out awhile ago and since then have had many requests for copies
so I decided to reprint. The book is at the printer now. Maybe it will
be ready for mother's day, but definitely for father's day. The perfect
parent's present. If any of you want to let the group know your opinion
of the book, please write in, it will help. I hope this reaches many of
you who have asked for copies and didn't get them. Write for the price,
etc. Thanks all, Mindy.

Buess Who Died? Memories of Balitmore with Recipes, by Mindell Dubansky

In Guess Who Died?: Memories of Baltimore with Recipes, Mindell Dubansky
draws us inexorably into a world where almost anything can happen -- the
Jewish Baltimore of her childhood.  In a series of vignettes based on
the truly idiosyncratic personalities and activities of her remarkable
parents, the self-nominated Miss Toby and Mr. Dee, she has produced a
work that is first and foremost extremely funny, but which at times is
also very moving.  The book is written in the first-person and
Ms.Dubansky's almost deadpan humor reinforces the sense that we are
observing the scenes of her family life through the rolling eyes of the
highly sophisticated, if sorely tested, child that she must evidently
have been.  Even when she was in college, her mother, a beautiful
statuesque woman whose dramatic raven hairpieces were set to rest on the
lampshades in the evenings, would call her out of the blue and demand
Guess who died? In this context, one should also mention her father's
habit of  wrestling with a knee-pad made out of recycled underwear and
his mania for pilfering junk from the neighbors and adapting it to a
variety of less than obvious uses.  Ms. Dubansky, a museum book
conservator, librarian  and a book artist is surely living proof that a
warm but undeniably eccentric childhood can be the key to a richly
developed creative life and an intense engagement with the world and its

more unusual manifestations in adulthood.

The book is designed in the spirit of a traditional community cookbook.
Offset printed, illustrated with black and white photographs, line
drawings and seventeen family recipes.

Red, double o-ring binding with laminated covers; front cover in color.
8 1/2 x 7, 50 pages.
Published by Women's Studio Workshop which is funded in part with public

funds from the National Endowment for the Arts and the New York State
Council on the Arts.

For ordering information, contact Mindell Dubansky at email:
metart2@metgate.metro.org -- or by phone (212)650-2890 or (212)348-1674
or by mail Mindell Dubansky, 210 East 88th Street.  Apt. 4-D  New York,
NY

--
Book Conservation Dept.   The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Phone:  (212) 650-2891   Thomas J. Watson Library