Re: Book/Performance

Can you give me some more details? How does this performance piece include
your books? As visuals? As objects? I might be interested in reviewing
this for WOID, or listing it, but I need more specifics...

Thanks.

 On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Miriam
Schaer wrote:

> Dear Friends
> I  have been working with Catlin Cobb to create a performance piece that
> includes
> movement, spoken word, and my books, which is a very new direction for
> me. Below is the information about the performance. The piece is about
> friendships and the relationships we form with each other, with animals,
> and with objects. If you are in the New York City area, I hope you will
> be able to attend. Thanks!
>
> Miriam Schaer
> Catlin Cobb/Dance Performance
> Presents
>
> Embrace
>
> A New Work with Visual Artist Miriam Schaer
>
> JUNE 16, 17,  18                8 pm
>
> Contex Theater
> 28 Avenue A,  between 2nd & 3rd Street
> $12.
> Reservations: 718-875-9263
>
> Performers:
> Russell Aubrey,  Robin Shevitz, Catlin Cobb,  Gale Malcom-Loftis,
> Adrianna Thompson, Miriam Schaer, and Actor/Musician Margo Grib
> Lighting by Jeremy Morris
>
> An additional piece by Catlin Cobb , "Low Tide" will be presented.

Paul Werner, New York City
http://pages.nyu.edu/~ptw1
     DRAGONSBLOOD AND ASHES: a project to research and teach the
techniques of the Medieval scribe and artist.
     THE ORANGE PRESS: most recent titles: "Vellum Preparation:
History and Technique," and "Dragonsblood and Ashes: the Beta
Version."
     WOID: a journal of visual language in New York, including reviews,
listings and resources.