Re: Adhesive removal

You might try warming the tape up with a blow dryer and then gently working it
off the paper.  The heat should help the adhesive release a bit.  This will only
work if the tape is still a bit tacky.  I've had quite good success with this
method.  If you end up skinning the paper, you're going too fast and not letting
the adhesive soften.  If in doubt, practice on  masking tape stuck to a similar
type of paper.   Don't do anything with water or alcohol or any solvents.

Sometimes things are best left alone.  Good luck and let us know how it comes
out.  (I should add that I'm not a conservator so any advice I give should be
taken with a grain of salt.)

Carole Mathey