Re: Hi from a Newbie

In "Decorated Book Papers" by Rosamond Loring she says, "Paste papers, one of
the early forms of decorated paper, were used for both covers and end-papers
in books from the late sixteenth century through the eighteenth century."
She has another reference to spatter type paste papers being used up to 1850
in Europe.  So it sounds like the techniques were known at the time of the
Civil War but perhaps not so popular at that time.

I too would be interested in any other information anyone has on history of
paste papers so I hope the answers are posted to the group.

Patty Grass