Re: Papyrus in Laser printer

I did run papyrus through my laser printer. I used an Apple Laser Printer
with 600dpi. I taped the leading edge to a sheet of light bond paper to help
get it started. I hand feed it. I used a hieroglyphic type face--rather than
a western script. The surface of the papyrus was rough, compared to laser
paper, and consequently there was not good contact on all parts of the
surface. The images appeared light overall and lighter and broken in some
areas. On the whole, it looked like a worn scroll which was what I was trying
for. The papyrus was made into a scroll that has been in a display on book
history that has been touring the schools for about 8 years now. The printing
is still in about the same condition as when printed.