Summer Reading

Dear Friends
    I just read a book in which a book and book conservation are key
elements- The Sixteen Pleasures by Robert Hellenga. Margot, a 29 year
old American woman who works at the Newberry Library goes to Florence in
1966 to help after the flood. In Italy, she gets involved with many
things including a book of sixteen erotic drawings with poems bound in
with a prayer book that was found in a convent. I'm not really familiar
with conservation so I can't vouch for the accuracy of the details of
which there were many but it's an interesting well written story.

in good spirit
Susan

--
Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord