fabric transparency

I'm working on a project that I would like to print in long panels that
would be as transparent as possible. One possibility I'm thinking of is
using the freezer paper method with an ink jet printer on fabric. I
don't have any experience with this and would appreciate any advice as
to which fabrics are the most transparent and if there is a way to make
them even more so. I saw a show that used this method and the artist
recommended silk that had been treated with beeswax or sugar starch.
This was quite a while ago and I don't remember the specifics, not
thinking that I would ever be interested in this technique at the time.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I'm a new member I'm looking
forward to the sharing on the list.
Janet Lorch