Re: Manipulated leather & cast paper

Dorothy and y'all:

I have used the wet leather manipulation (before mountint on the books).
It's great fun and works well with a supple, thin leather. In the "Fear of
Leather" workshop I teach, we cover all kinds of leather shoving-around.

I have also produced a low relief cast paper inset on the cover of a book.
Using a wax or plaster mold, one can do an entire edition quite easily.
Abaca or flax makes a challenging, but effective base pulp for this,
although plain cotton sized in the pulp, and then finished with an acrylic
medium comes out quite sturdy for a cover.

Cordially,

Pat Baldwin

ARIZONA WORKSHOPS
http://www.primenet.com/~patbooks/workshop.html