Re: fabric transparency

Janet,
    Check the use of Lazertran on silk.  I have used it on paper and have
seen their video about its use on silk.  It looks like what you want.  There
are instructions for the many uses of Lazertran on their site.
http://www.lazertran.demon.co.uk/index.htm
<A HREF="http://www.lazertran.demon.co.uk/index.htm">Welcome to Lazertran</A>
    Cecile

<< I'm working on a project that I would like to print in long panels that
 would be as transparent as possible. One possibility I'm thinking of is
 using the freezer paper method with an ink jet printer on fabric. I
 don't have any experience with this and would appreciate any advice as
 to which fabrics are the most transparent and if there is a way to make
 them even more so. I saw a show that used this method and the artist
 recommended silk that had been treated with beeswax or sugar starch.
 This was quite a while ago and I don't remember the specifics, not
 thinking that I would ever be interested in this technique at the time.
 Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I'm a new member I'm looking
 forward to the sharing on the list.
 Janet Lorch