Re: Fw: Scanning

Angee -

In Photoshop, you may be able to get a quick fix for your
background problem with "Levels" (Image-Adjust-Levels).
I use this when scanning jewelry on a white background.
In this case, when I go to Levels there's usually a big "hill"
in the levels on the far right. I take the slider at the far right
and move it just to the left of that big hill. Sometimes I have
to move the middle slider to the left a bit as well. This
eliminates my background and helps thin out the midtones,
which tend to be a little dense on my scanner. I should note
that my scans are for web use only, not for print use.

Good luck.

Courtney Graham Hipp