The Appearance of Discontinuity

Perhaps what is perceived as a "discontinuity" in mailings might be attributed to
people replying to queries/comments privately rather than publicly.

I know that I reply to people on the list privately far more often than publicly.
Occasionally, when an original poster makes a "report" to the list about her/his
topic, suggestions that I, and no doubt others, have made privately are sometimes
included in the report along with the publicly posted information. --Dave.

--
Unlike a skiving knife, Ockham's Razor is a two-edged blade.
David J. Lawrence