Adhesive advice

Hello list --

I would like to reattach an illustration that was razored out of a book for
scanning purposes.  The page, an illustration on coated paper, was
originally tipped into the book (printed 1904).  When the scanner operator
razored it out, he left perhaps a pica of the page in the binding to which
I can reattach the leaf.  Can someone recommend adhesive materials and
methods that I should attempt and/or avoid?  Thanks in advance.

Rebecca

---

Rebecca Gimenez
Book Designer