Re: Repair of wood-covered book

We have regularly used a variety of woods for both boards and inlays.
We also try our best to make every thing reversible. This would leave out
glues (for the most part) as an acceptable choice.

We use paste. But a very very thick paste. In some cases it is useful to
apply the paste to the wood and let that layer dry out first. See if it
dries evenly or becomes "spotty". If spotty (like water on a waxed car) you
will have to seal the wood first. This is because some woods (such as
rosewood) can be very oily and resist the paste. Whether you have to seal it
or not thick paste and moderate pressure should do it. ANd in the end it
will be reversable.

Kurt K
LCB & B